This is an entry-level position for those with minimal or no experience in the field, but a desire to learn is essential. The right candidate will be passionate about working outside, able to keep moving all day, and be willing to put in some extra time practicing new skills.
Ground crew duties:
- Accurately follow instructions
- Keep moving for a full day's work
- Work outside in different types of weather
- Learn quickly, and ask questions if you need help
- Be accountable for tasks given to you
- Gain understanding of tree and landscaping products, tools, equipment, and plants
- Professional and friendly communication with clients
- Practice tree ID, knots, and other skills outside of work, and study for ISA certification exam
- Appropriate PPE, water, and nutrition
- Training and a career track (not just a job!)
- Worker’s compensation
- Company provided apparel, tools, and equipment
- Company provided vehicle (for work use only)
- Consistent year-round work
- Educational workshop and conference opportunities
- Paid holidays after 3 months probation
- Company-matched IRA contributions in 3rd year of employment
Based on experience, attitude, and ability to learn quickly. Starting rate is $12/hr, up to $17/hr with prior experience or relevant skills.
- Must be able to speak and read English
- Valid driver’s license REQUIRED, with clean driving record (CDL Class A or B a plus)
- Pass a DOT exam upon hire
- Three professional references
HOW TO APPLY:
Submit your resume (or a list of your work history) and three professional references to email@example.com.
Please do not stop by the office to apply for positions-- we will be evaluating all potential applicants based on the information received and will be contacting each applicant directly regarding potential interviews.